Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bird Census Time

It is time I made a start on recording the birds seen on this block, as I have with the plants (with professional help).

 Although I am not fond of "staged" bird photos such as those I have taken at the water trays, it helps with focusing and also enables me to see some of the shy ones and so to have them identified.

 I've been watching Snail's list on her blog here:
 http://snailseyeview.blogspot.com.au/
I might ask for some coaching to set up a similar list.

 For the moment though, here is a pair of the resident Bronzewing Pigeons. IMG_1336 "The Common Bronzewing (Phaps chalcoptera) is a species of medium-sized, heavily built pigeon.
Native to Australia and one of the country's most common pigeons, the Common Bronzewing is able to live in almost any habitat, with the possible exception of very barren areas and dense rainforests.
From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Bronzewing

1 comment:

  1. I must update that list!

    Those bronzewings are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete